Ok, so I know it has been a while since I posted my introduction, but I've been busy and haven't actually cooked much since then. I did say I was "trying", after all. I think the only thing I cooked was pizza, but that was ready-made crusts and sauce, so all I did was put stuff on them, lol.
But, I did cook dinner tonight: Chicken Alfredo with Farfalle pasta. I used jarred Alfredo sauce (Bertolli Mushroom Alfredo) and added to it. I sauteed onions (medium chunks, I guess) and 2 cloves of garlic, minced, in butter. I also added a partial small can of Publix mushrooms that were left over from making pizza the other night and the two jars of sauce. There wasn't quite enough garlic flavor in the sauce at this point so I added some garlic powder and onion powder. I cubed 3 chicken breasts and put some salt and pepper on them and cooked them in a pan in some olive oil until they were done. Then, I dumped them in the sauce. I boiled about a half a box of mini Farfalle pasta (because the mini ones are easier for my 2 year old to eat) in salted water. I also took some French rolls out of the freezer and put them in the oven.
The sauce was REALLY good, and even though it was from a jar, I still count it as cooking because I did add to it.
I've got some small steaks on the counter (gasp!) thawing for tonight....I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them since I don't have any marinade (I found an AWESOME marinade for steaks...Stubb's Steakhouse marinade....not that I could marinade them now anyway since they are still frozen). I may just wrap some bacon around them and lightly season them. Speaking of bacon....I need to take that out of the freezer, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment